Question: What is Single Sign-On (SSO)?
The term Single Sign-ON (SSO) describes a solution that enables the system to determine the identity of a user without the user having to explicitly specify a user name and password in each application. It is a one-time logon to the system. However, there may be different technical conversions. Several different SSO solutions also exist for SAP.
 Question: How do I implement Single Sign-On?
Different technical options are available to implement SSO.
Some of the solutions that are available in SAP systems include:
-Logon tickets (Workplace)
For more information, see note 138498.
 Question: Why does Single Sign-On no longer work after one year?
You are using a certificate that was issued by SAP_CA. For more information, see note 389186. These types of certificates are issued with a validity period of one (1) year only. Logon tickets are still issued after the validity period expires; however, an error is triggered when the logon tickets received are checked. In principle, the problem is not restricted to CA certificates; however, "self-signed" certificates are generated with a considerably longer validity period (up to the year 2038).
 Question: Do all systems have to have the same password?
The current SSO methods enable you to assign different passwords for different systems.
 Question: Where can I find further documentation on SSO?
Further documentation is available in the SAP Marketplace:
- Single Signon
- Information about General upgrade
- New General Ledger Migration(FI-CO)
- General Idea About UK, US, Indian Payroll
- ECC 6.0 New GL Functionality and General FAQ
- About SAP BASIS, Course, Fees, Career & Certification
- SAP ABAP Report Programming Questions 1
- Microsoft Windows Single Sign-On options
- Detail information about Withholding Tax
- SD Questions About Pricing Condition
- BASIS Interview Questions
- GENERAL LEDGER MASTERS CREATIONS
- Need advice about career in Basis
- Query About Profile Parameter Change by BASIS
- SAP BASIS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ON DATABASE
- About SAPRouter
- Create Different POs from Single Sales Order
- What about the future Employment scope of SAP Basis course.
- Query About Warehouse Instructions
- How to Create Invoice for Single Order/Delivery
- The SAP General Ledger
- General Info about this FAQ
- SAP General Leader Configuration
- Financial Accounting â General Topics
- SAP FI/CO Interview Questions, Answers, and Explanations
- 100 Things You Should Know About Sales and Distribution with SAP
- 100 Things About Financial Accounting with SAP
- Golive Pre and Post BASIS Activities
- General Ledger End-User Manuals
- Flexible General Ledger (FI-GL)
SAP ABAP/PP/SD/BASIS | Chennai | 0+ yrs
Exp :0 - 5 years | City : Chennai
SAP PM Consultant | St. Louis, MO | 3+ yrs
Exp :3 - 9 years | City : US
Senior/Lead SAP Logistics Analyst (MM/SD) | Bay Area, CA |
Exp :5 - 12 years | City : US
SAP Basis Administrator | Winston-Salem, NC | 8+ yrs
Exp :8 - 15 years | City : US
SAP BW/ABAP Consultant Onsite | Naperville, IL, US | 5+ yrs
Exp :5 - 11 years | City : US
SAP - BASIS and HANA administrator | San Francisco, CA | 8+
Exp :8 - 14 years | City : US
SAP Basis Consultant | Dallas, TX | 5+ Yrs
Exp :5 - 7 years | City : US
SAP Basis with security | Dallas TX | 5+ yrs
Exp :5 - 7 years | City : US
Sr. SAP Basis Consultant Opening | Philadelphia, PA | 1+ yrs
Exp :1 - 5 years | City : US
SAP PI/PO Basis expert consultant | Westbrook, ME | 2+ yrs
Exp :2 - 7 years | City : US